CANDY CABIN PRIVACY NOTICE
What this Privacy Notice covers
This Privacy Notice cover the activities of Candy Cabin.
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data. That’s why we’ve developed this Privacy Notice which:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data Candy Cabin serve a variety of registered customers in different ways and this Notice applies to you if you use our services.
Using our Services means being a registered customer of Candy Cabin through one or more of the following mechanisms:
- cash on collection;
- online or otherwise using any of the website, where this Notice is posted.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
This section tells you what personal data we may collect from you when you use our Services.
When you register as a customer of Candy Cabin we will collect:
- Your personal details, including the name of the proposed account holder, your address, email addresses, phone numbers and title.
In addition to the above, if you shop with us online via our Websites we may collect:
- Your account password
- Information about your purchases (for example, what you have bought, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it)
- Google analytics information regarding URL, Java and flash enabling, and other browser information;
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites and information about when you click on one of our adverts
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
- Location information based on IP address and language.
Whenever your account is used we will collect transactional information regarding the goods purchased, payment method, date and time of purchase.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:-
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
How and why we use personal data
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data.
We use your personal data to ensure we can deliver our Services to you as follows:
- Manage the account(s) you hold with us;
- Process your orders and refunds;
- Deliver goods to your premises;
- Communicate with you about your account or the services required;
- Produce invoices and statements and make them available on line for you;
- Communicate with you in emergencies or in relation to a product recall;
- Review your purchase history to enhance the online shopping experience
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer accounts, provide you with the goods and services you want to buy and to help you with any orders and refunds you may request. Processing your data in this way is necessary to enable us to fulfil our obligations to you as your supplier.
We will also use your data to:
Manage and improve our websites, product ranges and deliveries for example:-
Data is used to help develop and improve our product range, services, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you. We rely on the use of personal data to carry out internal and external market research which enables us to serve you better as a customer.
Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
We have an obligation to ensure that our Services are safe and consequently, if required your data may be processed in order to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of our Services. This helps us to make sure that you can safely use our Services.
Personalise your customer experience
On Candy Cabins’ website we may also use your online browsing behaviour as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services.
Looking at your browsing behaviour and purchases allows us to personalise our offers and services for you – such as allowing you to place the same order again and to personalise communications to your business type and local area. This helps us meet your needs as a customer. We can then provide you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, phone, post and text where permitted), relating to our products and services, and those of our suppliers, third parties and affiliate companies. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications.
We want to ensure that we provide you with marketing communications, including online advertising, that are relevant to your business needs.
Changing your preferences
You can state your marketing preferences when you register with us as a customer and can change these at any time after that by notifying us by unsubscribing to an email.
You also have choices when it comes to online advertising. We set out below your choices when it comes to cookies, and how you can control your online behavioural advertising preferences.
Contact and interact with you
We may contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email, text or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications and to respond to your queries.
Manage promotions and competitions
Manage any competitions or promotions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and other third parties.
We need to process your personal data so that we can administer the promotions and competitions you choose to enter.
Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research.
We’d like to involve you in activities carried out by Candy Cabin.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We carry out market research to improve our Services. However, if we contact you about this, you do not have to take part in the activities. If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you for market research, we will respect this choice.
Sharing personal data with Third Parties and Service Providers
This section explains how and why we share personal data with third parties and Service Providers.
When we share personal data with these companies we require them to keep it safe.
We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments, credit checking and those who provide service on our behalf such as delivering orders to your premises, erecting signage, sending communications on our behalf or market research. We only share personal data necessary to enable our Service Providers to provide their services.
Sharing personal data with other organisations
This section explains how and why we share personal data with other organisations.
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud);
- to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us;
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls, data encryption, a private network and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- We protect the security of your information, while it is being transmitted to Third Party Suppliers and Service Providers, using secure Peer to Peer Encryption (P2PE),
Virtual Private Networks (VPN) or Transport Layer Security (TLS)
We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
When we send any data to any third party we will take steps to ensure the safety of your data.
Marketing and Market Research
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
We also like to hear your views to help us to improve our Services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
We will also give your details to carefully selected third parties to enable them to contact you about goods and service they offer which may be of interest to you and your business.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small data files that allow a website to collect and store a range of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
Improve the way our Websites work
Cookies allow us to improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
Improve the performance of our Websites
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Deliver relevant online advertising
Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our Websites by other organisations, and always with our permission. These Cookies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. This means that you may see our adverts on our Websites and on other organisations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organisations on our Websites.
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Your choices when it comes to Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device. You can find more detailed information about how you can manage Cookies at the All About Cookies and Your Online Choices websites.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Websites. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, use our favourites feature, proceed to checkout, or use any of our products and services that require you to sign in.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request.
If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to:
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please take the time to review periodically.
Last reviewed August 2018